Friday, January 30, 2009

Home Visits in Hualahuises

Greetings to you all. As I have not been reading these updates, I have no idea how it has been done. So..... first I would like to say that if I had to suffer my most public embarrassing moment on this trip, it could not have been in front of (literally) a more compassionate group of guys. I am most thankful to the Lord that I was back on my feet quickly and haven't missed out on any of the adventures.

Now, on to the visits. Josiah graciously agreed to be our chauffeur, without whom we could not have made the visits. Some of the visits he was able to participate with us, others due to cultural restraints he quietly sat out in the car. What a variety of places and homes we were able to visit, from the very poor to rooms that looked as if they were out of a European decorating catalogue. We praise God for the three who prayed with Christina to receive Jesus. One is undergoing chemo treatments, one was her friend who "just happened" to be there, and the last was an older woman (83) who is also battling cancer but not undergoing treatment. Watching Christina minister to these women has been amazing. She is so able to tenderly prod them with questions and gently lead them to the Lord. We rejoice over their decisions and the knowledge that they will be nurtured and encouraged in their walk with the Lord. We have not been able to see as many widows as we might have at a dinner but we have been able to give 8 or 9 of them individual hugs and encouragement.


posted by Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment